![]() |
| Positive result! :D |
But things did not turn out that way, as I was sideswiped with pregnancy symptoms, changes and moods that my body and mind was going through that I couldn’t keep up with, let alone try to understand.
In short, May to July was a period of mostly feeling nauseated, fatigued, giddy, lost – in short, greatly overwhelmed and slightly grumpy. I stopped crossfit altogether; rice and kale were the only things I could eat in decent quantities without discomforts.
At the beginning of my 2nd trimester, my energy started seeping back and I felt the itch to get moving. I’ve been going for my ob-gyn checkups; the baby ultrasounds and blood tests came back with very positive results. So I decided to get back to crossfit and get started on a primal diet starting August. Better late than never!
It’s been a month and my body has gotten used to the physical demands from crossfit WODs. The first week was embarrassing; I couldn’t walk down steps without looking like a jittery robot in need of oiling the joints. I’ve managed to get though most WODs with a little scaling here and there to ensure the overall intensity remains above 70%, that I can keep a conversational pace with regular breaks and water intake. Food-wise, I’ve managed to keep a 70/30 level, leaning closer to the primal diet than paleo, and keeping processed carbs off my plate. The aim is to get to 90/10 in another month’s time.
Emotionally, it’s been a great return. I feel a better control of my body and feelings. I have a better sense of where I am and who I am developing to be. I enjoy my pregnancy much more now, and the guys at the box kept referring my baby to being my “battery pack”! :D

No comments:
Post a Comment