This week started great! I finally had the time to fill the Expedit bookshelf I bought from IKEA and it looks great! And also, I finally have extra shelf space to put up baby stuff now! :D
I talked about my return to crossfit and how I’m getting and gaining so much fun and strength from it, so I thought I’d share what I’m doing this week. Pre-pregnancy, I’d train between 4-5x a week but I’ve cut back to 3x per week since I got back to ensure I have sufficient recovery and rest between each workout. After all this time is about maintaining my fitness (which will benefit the baby too), and not about gaining muscle mass and hitting PRs.
Yesterday’s WOD was:
Warm-up – half an ‘Annie’
WOD1 – Complete 3 KB Swing, 7 Toes to Bar and 21 Double-unders in 2min for 8 rounds (I sub toes to bar with knees to elbow as my belly gets in the way now. Completed each set in ~50sec unbroken.)
WOD2 – Backsquats: In sets of 1x5 / 2x3 / 2x2 / 2x1, followed by AMRAP 30sec x 2rds with empty bar. For the first round, I progressed through to 65kg for the last set (my pre-preg weight is 55kg, I’m probably inching towards 59kg now), and did 25reps for each round for the AMRAP set.
Overall it was a great workout. I’m glad I didn’t lose my double-unders despite being away for 3 months. I did lose my kipping pull-ups though. It will be cool to get them back before I deliver, that would make it a weighted pull-up – WOOT!
And finally, my lunch. I used the weekend to make a batch of Primal Meatloaf and Egg Squares for the week. And what I’d do is to pack along vegetables which can be cooked quickly with little water using the microwave oven to complete a healthy, wholesome Primal lunch!
![]() |
| Steamed celery and radish with meatloaf and omelette |
I’ll have to start brainstorming for new lunch ideas soon. If you have any, I’d welcome them very much! :D

No comments:
Post a Comment