Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Making space for baby!

Over the weekend, I decided that it is time to go through my wardrobe and pack away clothes that I am not expecting to wear for the next 12months. It is also a good chance to see what I'd ~never~ wear and give them away.

I've never thought of myself as a hoarder but as I was going through the clothes, I was beginning to have doubts. I found more than 5 pairs of black working pants (5 pairs?! Who needs that many pairs?!) and 3 pairs of beige pants (doesn't make me much of a colorful person, does it?), numerous dresses, skirts and tops I've not worn for at least 1 year... it's a good thing I've not done much shopping anyway, so I wouldn't kick myself silly for the waste of money. Anyway, what I ended up with eventually was a storage box measuring about 60x45x35cm of clothes that will see the light of day only 12 months later, and this much of stuff to give away, some of which I've never even worn before.
Bye-bye, clothes!
It was a therapeutic session though; not only for clutter-clearing but also the action of making space and getting ready for another family member who'll be joining us soon just feels that much real-er.

Our home is slowly but surely changing. I tire easily these days, and have to break up chores in 2-3 hours sets - any more than that leaves me zoned out completely which is not very nice. Some of the other changes that we have made is to move our bicycles out of the soon-to-be nursery room and into the living room. The expedit bookshelf is now also nicely filled up with books and files, leaving more shelf space in our bedroom and the storeroom for baby stuff :)
Our bikes look like showpieces now!
Last week's lunch was also fairly simple with a mix of veg and tuna, and my parents bring me packed lunch of homemade soup and stir-fried veg/meat about once a week (I'm so blessed!)
All that me and baby needs :)
I'll put up another post later in the week to detail about what I've done in Crossfit for the past 2 weeks, and how I've been scaling it to accommodate the growing belly :)




No comments:

Post a Comment